Toggle mobile menu visibility

Council services - information for the public

The council is responsible for a wide range of services.

This page will provide the most up to date information on services provided by the council. When using any of our services or planning to access any council run building please make sure you follow the latest advice from Public Health Wales around social distancing or self isolation.

The Civic Centre is closed to the public unless you have an appointment, and open for staff. The Guildhall is open to staff only.

Below is a list of our main service areas, please use the relevant links to access further information:

The contact centre at the Civic Centre is now closed for face to face meetings: How to access Contact Centre services whilst the building is closed

Social Services: Coronavirus and social care updates

Schools and Learning: Coronavirus (Covid-19) school updates

Food banks: Food banks

Council tax reduction help and advice: Council Tax Reduction

Benefits advice: Coronavirus - benefits update

Childcare offer for Wales: Coronavirus Childcare Assistance scheme (pre-school children)

Information on burials and cremations: Burials and cremations

Registrars - Information about registrations or ceremonies: Births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships 

Information about visiting our Coroner's office Coroner's office

Information about recycling, bin collections and recycling centres: recycling and rubbish

School admissions enquiries: School admissions

Governor training enquiries: Governor training and development

Family Information Service training courses: Training and Grant Officer

Cultural services, museums, galleries, outdoor recreation facilities, theatres: Leisure

Swansea libraries:  Libraries

Taxi licensing: Temporary changes to taxi driver and vehicle applications

Housing including Housing Options and area housing offices: Coronavirus and changes to housing services

Alcohol and entertainment licences: Coronavirus updates for alcohol and entertainment licences

Information about playgrounds and small play facilities: Parks

Information about Swansea Mobility hire services and shop: Swansea mobility hire

Information about public toilets: Public toilets

Information about Building Control services: Temporary changes to Building Control services

Sources of advice and support: Search for advice and support

Car parking and transport: Parking and transport

Caravan sites and holiday parks: Caravan and camping licence

Pest control services: Pest control

Footpaths and coast/countryside access: Footpaths and coast/ countryside access

Residents parking: Residents parking permit